Oxford Brookes University Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision in the USA.
DATES OF NEXT PROGRAM
Preparation Phase: March 1st – April 30th, 2021
Online workshops: May 10th -12th | May 17th – 19th | May 24th – 26th, 2021
Registration closure has been extended until February 25th, 2021
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program in coaching supervision is designed for experienced coaches with an active coaching practice who already have a postgraduate qualification in Coaching, Psychology, Counselling or equivalent. The aim of the program is to provide highly experienced coaches with an opportunity to extend their competences and skills into the area of coaching supervision. The program is designed by the members of the International Center for Coaching and Mentoring Studies led by Professor Tatiana Bachkirova. The Center at Oxford Brookes University has been a leading provider in university based supervision education since 2006 and is well recognized in the field of coaching and mentoring for its leading contribution to research and postgraduate education of coaches, mentors, and supervisors.
Using innovative and intellectually stimulating methods to take senior practitioners to a new realm of practice, this program provides participants with:
- A high-level overview and critical analysis of the coaching field that allows participants to position their coaching supervision practice for the benefit of the coaching profession as a whole.
- Different discourses of coaching and exploration of multiple perspectives on coaching in order to develop an approach to supervision that is professional, ethical and tailor-made for individual coaches using a wide variety of approaches.
- Opportunity to enhance understanding and develop advanced skills in order to address various issues of the supervision process
This program offers credentials at three levels, giving you the flexibility to take your qualifications as far as you want:
- Certificate of Attendance: higher professional development (Coaching Supervision)
- Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision
- Accreditation as an Oxford Brookes Supervisor
- Completion leads to: Certificate of Attendance at the higher professional development (Coaching Supervision) program
- Stage 1a – Preparatory work completed as self-study and via virtual meetings
- Stage 1b – Attendance at an interactive online workshop (4.5 days equivalent held over three consecutive weeks)
- Required before undertaking Stage 2
- Supervision on coaching supervision in preparation for assessment
- Required prior to undertaking Stage 3
- Stage 2 is to be completed within 2 years of completion of Stage 1b
- Completion leads to: Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision
- Written assignment: Description & Analysis of the candidate’s Model of coaching supervision
- Stage 3 is to be completed within 2 years of completion of stage 1b
- Completion leads to: Accreditation as a Coaching Supervisor by Oxford Brookes University
- Written portfolio with the candidate’s analysis of two video/audio tapes: one of their best and one of their ‘worst’ supervision sessions
- Interview with one of the Program Faculty
- Stage 4 is to be completed within 3 years of completion of stage 1b
Preparation Phase and Online Workshops
Participants completing this stage will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Stage 1a consists of two months preparation during which participants undertake preliminary reading, reflection, peer-supervision and supervision practice.
The minimum reading with include specifically designed materials and selected chapters from the provided books: Bachkirova, T. Jackson, P. & Clutterbuck, D. (Eds), (2011) Coaching and Mentoring Supervision: Theory and Practice, Maidenhead: Open University Press.
Participants will be paired for peer-supervision (at least two sessions) according to provided guidance that will include tasks for reflection and preparation for Stage 1b. In addition they will be asked to deliver at least one supervision session for a volunteer coach.
Stage 1b: the interactive, practical online workshops provides an opportunity for participants to develop their own model of supervision by exploring conceptual issues, coaching discourses and theoretical perspectives on supervision, engaging with a deeper understanding of the supervision process and related issues; and experimenting with a variety of skills essential for coaching supervisors.
The workshops will engage participants in a range of innovative methods of study that include conceptual discussions, co-active reflection, experiential activities, and group supervision. Participants are not initiated into a particular approach to supervision but are encouraged to experiment with the variety of approaches in order to identify their own model and style of supervision.
Participants could decide to stop on completion of this stage and receive a Certificate of attendance.
Participants who wish to receive the Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching must go on to complete Stages 2 and 3. Participants who wish to be accredited as a Coaching Supervisor by Oxford Brookes University must complete Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the program.
Supervision on Coaching Supervision In Preparation for Assessment
Participants may choose to take two (1.5 hours) or three (1 hour) individual supervision sessions on their supervision with one of the program tutors. This will start after the intensive course.
The sessions will allow the participants to receive individualized developmental feedback on their Model of coaching supervision in practice. Prior to each supervision session with the program tutors, you will need to have undertaken at least three practice supervision sessions of your own.
For candidates who wish to receive the Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision this stage is a requirement prior to undertaking the stage 3 assessment referred to below.
Stage 2 is to be completed within 2 years of completion of stage 1b.
Assessment to Receive the Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision
The stage 3 assessment consists of one written assignment: Description and Analysis of the candidate’s Model of coaching supervision. The Model of coaching supervision comprises the 3 P’s: Your Philosophy, Your Purpose, Your Process
Stage 3 is to be completed within 2 years of completion of stage 1b.
Accreditation as a Coaching Supervisor By Oxford Brookes University
This stage is conditional upon successful completion of the assessment at Stage 3 of the program and will consist of:
An additional assessment that includes a written portfolio with the candidate’s analysis of two video/audio tapes: one of their ‘best” and one of their ‘worst’ supervision sessions; and
An interview with Program Faculty.
Stage 4 is to be completed within 3 years of completion of stage 1b.